After completing this chapter you should be able to:
- Discuss the psychometric approach to intelligence, ways of measuring IQ, and the predictive value of IQ.
- Compare information-processing, neurological, and componential approaches to intelligence.
- Describe how intelligence develops over the lifespan.
- Analyze biological and contextual influences on group differences in IQ.
- Discuss how giftedness, intellectual disability, and special needs are identified and healthy development promoted in such individuals.