After completing this chapter you should be able to:
- Identify the parts of the information processing system and its function over the lifespan.
- Describe developmental changes in infants’ capacities for attention, memory, and thought.
- Describe developmental changes in children’s capacities for attention, memory, and thought.
- Explain how advances in brain development during adolescence influence memory, metacognition, and scientific reasoning.
- Compare patterns of change in working memory, long-term memory, problem-solving capacities, and wisdom in adulthood.