After completing this chapter you should be able to:
- Discuss the influence of living arrangements and decisions about family formation on adult development.
- Compare and contrast child outcomes associated with various family constellations.
- Explain the effects of various parenting methods on children and adolescents.]
- Describe the changes that take place within family relationships after individuals reach adulthood.
- Discuss how peer relationships develop and change throughout the lifespan.