After completing this chapter you should be able to:
- Discuss the development of moral reasoning from childhood through adulthood.
- Describe the progression of prosocial behavior, including biological and contextual influences.
- Explain how children learn to engage in acceptable behavior.
- Identify normative patterns of aggressive behavior and influences on atypical aggression during childhood and adolescence.
- Describe the typical progression of religiosity or spirituality over the lifespan.