Review the learning objectives to reinforce the most important material.
After reading this chapter, you should be able to
- Define family in light of contemporary family structure.
- Describe the tension between the rights of children and the rights of parents.
- Describe services and programs designed to help children and families.
- Describe the belief systems that underpin opinions about child and family services.
- Identify how the education system could be improved to help families and children.
- Explain how diversity affects family and child welfare.
- Apply the dynamic advocacy model to family and child welfare.