Review the learning objectives to reinforce the most important material.
After reading this chapter, you should be able to
- Describe the knowledge base for generalist social work and direct practice.
- Describe the five theoretical bases of generalist practice.
- Explain the purpose of the National Association of Social Work Code of Ethics.
- Define roles available for generalist social workers.
- Identify the five steps in the client change process.
- Explain how the advocacy program and policy model applies to the change process.
- Explain how generalist social workers can advocate for change across client systems.