Review the learning objectives to reinforce the most important material.
After reading this chapter, you should be able to
- Describe how the organization of work reflects advances in the economy, production methods, and society.
- Define the concept of the “changing workplace.”
- Explain five work-related issues of current concern.
- Explain the difference between social insurance programs and social welfare policies.
- Describe the role of social workers in employee assistance programs and in workplace issues.
- Apply the dynamic advocacy model to the changing workplace.