Video and Multimedia
Explore the video and multimedia resources for further exploration of topics.
Click on the following links. Please note these will open in a new window.
- The End of Unemployment Benefit Extensions in Illinois
The data don’t support the perception that unemployment insurance discourages people from working.
- The Looming Social Security Crisis
Will Social Security be there for the millennial generation?
- A Day in the Life: Profiles of Underemployment
What is the current state of underemployment in the United States? Are there jobs for college graduates?
- Is Seattle’s Minimum Wage Hike Doing More Harm than Good?
Do minimum wage hikes end up hurting more than helping?
- Can Extending Retirement Age Help Social Security?
Researchers say extending the retirement age would hurt the most vulnerable.
- The Impact of National Minimum Wage Increases
The nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office breaks down the likely impact of a hike in the minimum wage on a national level.
- Dealing with Workplace Challenges for LGBTQ Employees
The Human Rights Campaign’s resource page for LGBTQ workers.
- On the SSA Tax Cap
A look at the history of the Social Security tax cap, which hit $118,500 in 2015.