Video and Multimedia
Explore the video and multimedia resources for further exploration of topics.
Click on the following links. Please note these will open in a new window.
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder
PTSD discussed from a medical perspective, and through the stories of three veterans.
- Military Social Work
One military social worker discusses his experiences in the Navy as opposed to civilian work.
- Stress, Mental Health and Suicide in the Military
ABC News takes a closer look at the unique stresses of military life.
- VA Studying Suicide Prevention in Veterans
Suicide among veterans is 22% higher than for the civilian population. NPR speaks with a representative from the VA about what’s being done to help.
- New Report Says Pentagon Not Doing Enough for Sexual Assault Victims
In 2015, there were more than 6,000 reports of sexual assault in the U.S. military. The real number is likely much higher. Is the U.S. government doing enough to protect service members?
- Naval Social Work Careers
Information on becoming a clinical social work officer in the Navy.