Review the learning objectives to reinforce the most important material.
After reading this chapter, you will be able to
- Understand military culture, values, and beliefs.
- Understand the history and practice of military social work with veterans, members of the armed services, and their families.
- Identify contexts where soldiers, veterans, and their families may seek social services, health care, and mental health/addiction counseling.
- Understand challenges and stressors in military families.
- Identify policies, models, and interventions to assist veterans and their families.