Learning objectives for each chapter have been provided to help you keep track of the key concepts you need to master in each chapter.
By the end of this chapter you will be able to:
- Be familiar with the implications of the separation of ownership and management and/or control
- Explain agency, transaction and stewardship approaches to governance
- Explain the role of the Top Management Team and boards in strategy formulation
- Understand significant comparative variations in corporate governance
- Understand the use of codes in governance and some of the problems associated with them
- Make reasoned argument about the importance of sustainability.