Learning objectives for each chapter have been provided to help you keep track of the key concepts you need to master in each chapter.
By the end of this chapter you will be able to:
- Understand what strategic change is, why and how it occurs
- Differentiate between different types of change according to their scale and scope
- Critically evaluate step-based and contingency models of change
- Understand the processes and practices through which change is implemented and sustained, including the role of symbolism and sensemaking
- Explain the role played by power, politics and resistance during the change process