Learning objectives for each chapter have been provided to help you keep track of the key concepts you need to master in each chapter.
By the end of this chapter you will be able to:
- Define collaborative strategies and understand their importance
- Discuss advantages and disadvantages of collaborative strategies
- Distinguish different types of collaboration and understand their nature
- Explain why collaboration and competition sometimes go hand in hand
- Realize the critical role of partner selection, contracting and governance for collaboration in strategic alliances