Learning objectives for each chapter have been provided to help you keep track of the key concepts you need to master in each chapter.
By the end of this chapter you will be able to:
- Recount the broad outline of the evolution of strategy
- Grasp the nature of economism and its role in restricting discussion of strategy
- Know what is irrational about the assumptions of rational strategy
- Understand the inequities to which strategy has given expression
- Articulate an agenda of key issues for the future, centred on sustainability
- Grasp how strategy relates, or might relate, to open sourcing, democracy and hope