Learning objectives for each chapter have been provided to help you keep track of the key concepts you need to master in each chapter.
By the end of this chapter you will be able to:
- Understand the origins and assumptions of the resource-based view (RBV) of the firm
- Appreciate the nature and determinants of value creation and capture
- Have a critical understanding of the central concepts associated with the RBV
- Appreciate the role of Dynamic Capabilities (DCs) in building sustainable competitive advantage
- Explain the link between the RBV, DCs and knowledge-based views of organizations.
- Relate DCs to entrepreneurship