Learning objectives for each chapter have been provided to help you keep track of the key concepts you need to master in each chapter.
By the end of this chapter you will be able to:
- Gain an understanding about the origins of contemporary business strategy
- Grasp the basics of strategy in theory and in practice
- Appreciate the importance of strategy for management practice
- Understand recent overviews and current directions in strategy
- Start to think strategically about different competitive strategies in various sectors
- Appreciate some of the limits of conventional views of strategy