Watch the Strategist Interviews created by the authors for contemporary insights and advice from experienced strategists.
CINDY CARPENTER: HEAD OF HR AND MARKETING AT CORRS CHAMBERS WESTGARTH LAWYERS
Culture, Sensemaking and Identity
The crucial factor for understanding the role of culture, sensemaking and identity in strategy is the employee of the organization. Cindy Carpenter of Corrs Chambers Westgarth provides a unique insight into how this global legal firm approaches strategy development and how it aligns the corporate strategy with its organizational identity, branding strategy and internal sensemaking processes.
In this video you will learn about:
- Defining strategy [01:28]
- Skills for strategists [03:21]
- The strategy-making process [05:17]
- Strategy, culture and brand in a people company [07:18]
- Levers of change for building a brand [11:06]
- Corrs 2010 strategy [13:29]
- Advice for students [20:35]