Learning objectives for each chapter have been provided to help you keep track of the key concepts you need to master in each chapter.
By the end of this chapter you will be able to:
- Understand the importance of innovation for strategic management
- Appreciate the differences between product, process, service and business model innovation
- Understand barriers to and drivers of innovation
- Know about open innovation and open strategy
- Recognize principles of co-creation and design thinking
- Understand why larger innovation systems as well as organizational characteristics are important for strategic innovation