Learning objectives for each chapter have been provided to help you keep track of the key concepts you need to master in each chapter.
By the end of this chapter you will be able to:
- Grasp the importance of intra-organizational politics and political skill for successful strategic management
- See the strategy process through the lens of the different dimensions of power
- Understand what the main contours of micro-politics are likely to be, especially in multinational corporations
- Analyse the centrality of mandates for strategic politics
- Appreciate the role that power, legitimacy, resources and centrality play in strategy
- Appreciate the role of power and elites in strategic decision-making