Click on the following links. Please note these will open in a new window.
1. Go to the American Psychological Association’s links to data sets and repositories: http://www.apa.org/research/responsible/data-links.aspx.
- Click on and read about at least three data sets that interest you.
- Explore the data base websites.
- What type of research design was used in each of the studies?
- What are the threats to external validity for each of the data sets?
- Watch the “Shawn Anchor: The Happy Secret to Better Work” TED Talk.
- How does happiness inspire us to be more productive?
- What type of research question is trying to be answered (exploratory, descriptive, relational)?
- How could the study be changed to answer a different type of research question?
3. Go to https://explorable.com/external-validity.
- Why is there friction between clinical psychologists and research psychologists?
- What are the benefits and limitations of laboratory experiments for clinical and research psychologists?