Click on the following links. Please note these will open in a new window.
1. Want to Learn About the Scientific Method? Go Bake Some Cookies
This NPR article discusses how a blogger at ScienceNews uses the scientific method when baking cookies.
- How does this this blogger at ScienceNews use the scientific method? Identify how she engages in the six general steps of the scientific method.
- How would you change or expand on her work to be more consistent with the scientific method?
2. #BornPerfect: The Facts About Conversion Therapy
This video clip and article describes the conversion therapy method.
Watch the video clip and then read the article.
- Why is conversion therapy a pseudoscience?
- What scientific and nonscientific methods of knowing were used to support and refute conversion therapy?
3. Go to a social media website and find a “problem” that today’s society faces (e.g., body image, cyberbullying, cost of college tuition). Construct a plan for engaging in the scientific method to acquire, modify, and integrate knowledge about the “problem” you found.