Click on the following links. Please note these will open in a new window.
1. Go to the following websites:
a. NY Times: Moral Life of Babies to read “The Moral Life of Babies” from the Yale University’s Infant Cognition Center.
b. After you have read about the study, watch this video clip demonstrating this study: NY Times Video: Moral Life of Babies.
- Describe the study design.
- How consistent or inconsistent is it with a within-subjects experimental design?
- Could the study be changed to be a true within-subjects experimental design and answer the same research questions?
2. Go to PsycINFO, PsycARTICLES, PubMed, ERIC, or JSTOR and search for an article in an area of your interest that used a within-subjects experimental design.
- Read the article.
- Why was a within-subjects experimental design used in the study?
- What was the within-subjects factor identified?
- How were time related factors controlled?
3. Go to Online Psychology Experiments
This website contains links to various psychological experiments on the Internet.
- Browse various online surveys within a topic interest of your choice.
- Read through the descriptions of the studies.
- From the descriptions read, does it sound like the study designs are within-subjects?
- Why or why not?
- Are there other types of research designs that seem to be more common?
- What are they and why do you think that is?