Click on the following links. Please note these will open in a new window.
1. Imagine that you are interested in figuring out how adults in the United States get their news.
- Begin to search online to get a sense of the various ways adults in the United States get their news.
- From the top 10 websites, create a list of the ways the different links describe how adults get their news.
- Who is your target population?
- Who is your accessible population?
- How would you select your sample?
2. Go to http://psychcentral.com/blog/.
- Explore at least three short blog posts about psychology that interest you.
- Select one blog topic that you read:
- Imagine you are interested in conducting a study examining the topic discussed in the blog.
- How would you go about reducing sampling bias in your study?
- How would you go about reducing nonresponse bias in your study?
Read the article “Successfully Recruiting Research Participants.”
- In the examples provided, what sampling and nonresponse biases did you identify?
- In addition to ensuring that college student research participants are recruited ethically, what additional challenges are posed for researchers when working with college students?