Click on the following links. Please note these will open in a new window.
1. Go to the American Psychological Association’s ethical code: APA Ethical Code.
- Explore the 10 ethical standards.
- Where would you find the ethical standard on distorting data in research?
- Read through that particular standard.
- Do you think there is enough guidance on the ethics of distorting data?
- Why or why not?
- What else would you add?
2. 1. Go to NIH Spends Millions to Study Alternative Therapy.
- Listen to the podcast and/or read the transcript.
- What is the purpose of the study?
- What is the null hypothesis?
- What type of parametric or nonparametric test do you think the researchers would conduct to determine the results of their data?