Click on the following links. Please note these will open in a new window.
1. Go to the Purdue Online Writing Lab: APA Style.
- Explore the website.
- What are the formatting and style considerations that are specific to APA writing style?
- Take a paper you have previously written for a psychology course and compare how consistent you were in writing APA style.
2. Go to PsycINFO, PsycARTICLES, PubMed, ERIC, or JSTOR and search for an article in an area of your interest.
- Read the article.
- Pretend you are the authors of this article and were asked to present the data from the article as a research poster.
- How would you go about creating the poster?
- What information would need to be included?
3. Search online for research talks that were given at professional meetings, local, state, or national conferences.
- View at least two or three professional talks.
- Briefly summarize the topic of each talk.
- Review section 15.8 Giving a Professional Talk in your textbook.
- Did the speakers follow the eight suggestions listed?
- What did the speakers do well?
- What could be improved?