HRM Supplemental Exercises
Click on the following links. Please note these will open in a new window.
First, read “CandE awards: An interview with Kevin Grossman” by Amy Onorato in Forbes at https://www.conveyiq.com/blog/talent-acquisition-spotlight/kevin-grossman-talent-board/
Second, watch Christina McClung from Capital One at The CandE awards on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXHwMEo4j2A (5 minutes).
After reading Chapter 7 and the materials above, please address the following questions:
- What do you think Grossman means by “candidates are customers?”
- In what ways does the recruitment process resemble strategic marketing initiatives?
- What is the importance of communication in the recruitment and selection process?
- Who do you think is a recruiter’s “true” customer: the hiring manager or the candidate? Why?
- Do you think employers should solicit feedback from candidates regarding the recruitment and selection process? Why or why not?