HRM Supplemental Exercises
Click on the following links. Please note these will open in a new window.
First, read “How to Best Lead a Multicultural or International Team” by Adam Uzialko in Business News Daily at https://www.businessnewsdaily.com/9924-lead-multicultural-international-team.html
Second, watch What Makes a Global Leader? on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pMGJ9KJvBU (5 minutes).
After reading Chapter 16 and the materials above, please address the following questions:
- Can you think of some benefits of having a multicultural team? Do you think these benefits outweigh any drawbacks?
- What are some of the best strategies for managing an international team?
- What role does culture play in motivation? How might a manager be sensitive to this?
- What skills are important to be an effective global leader?
- How can adopting a global mindset lead to a strategic advantage for an organization?