HRM Supplemental Exercises
Click on the following links. Please note these will open in a new window.
First, read “How to separate yourself from the competition with employee benefits” by Ann Potratz in Biz Journals at https://www.bizjournals.com/bizjournals/how-to/human-resources/2018/02/how-to-separate-yourself-from-the-competition-with.html
Second, watch Employee Benefits: 10 Things You Need to Know on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiQUtbc_gnE (2 minutes).
After reading Chapter 13 and the materials above, please address the following questions:
- What are some reasons it might be important for organizations to regularly review their employee benefits offerings?
- Is it surprising to you to learn that Glassdoor found 4 in 5 employees would prefer new benefits to pay raises? Which would be more important to you?
- Do you think benefits are important for employee recruitment and retention? Why or why not?
- What kinds of employee benefits would be most important to you in considering a job offer? Why?
- Are there any new or innovative employee benefits that you learned about in reading this article or watching the video? Which ones are new to you?