1. Describe personal examples of when formal sources of power have been used in negotiations as well as the reason(s) why formal sources of power were or were not influential.
2. Distinguish between types of formal and informal power.
3. Clearly articulate the distinction between using resource power to understand others versus convince others.
4. Be able to give examples of actual power and perceived power and describe situations under which one or both can be used to obtain value.
5. Use tactics that leverage formal sources of power.
6. Calculate the costs and benefits of using formal sources of power.
7. Describe the ethical implications of using formal power.