1. Distinguish between a relationship and relationship power.
2. Illustrate how a relationship can change the perceptions of others’ negotiation tactics.
3. Describe the process of social exchange and articulate how positive exchange is built in the context of relationships.
4. Distinguish between trust and liking, and think about the implications of each in the context of negotiation.
5. Provide examples of how trust is built, violated, and repaired.
6. Strengthen relationships within the context of negotiation using various relationship-based tactics.
7. Be sensitive to the ethical implications of leveraging relationship power.