1. Articulate intangible interests and provide examples.
2. Define the four main sources of identity, and delineate between identities resulting from each of these sources.
3. Anticipate how identity threat impedes negotiations.
4. Provide examples of when cognitive dissonance and consistency would impact behavior in negotiation.
5. Develop a list of interests in principle that may be relevant in your negotiations.
6. Help others “save face” in negotiations.
7. Understand the calculation of tangible and intangible interests. Devise creative strategies in order to provide intangible resources to others.
8. Distinguish between the various benefits from leveraging intangible interests. Articulate how each benefit is more or less relevant to your own negotiations.
9. Develop an ethical understanding of leveraging intangible interests.