1. Articulate the purpose and utility of planning before negotiating.
2. Describe what a negotiation plan contains and how plans may differ depending on the context of the negotiation.
3. Create a preference table based on the issues in the negotiation, and use the preference table in your own negotiation.
4. Create a complete negotiation plan along with appropriate contingencies for use in a negotiation.
5. Argue for both the benefits and the detriments of creating and using a negotiation plan.
6. Describe the ethical questions related to knowing a great deal of information about those with whom you are negotiating.