Video and Multimedia
Click on the following links. Please note these will open in a new window.
1. DSM-5 at APA 2012 (YouTube Video)
Description: David Kupfer, the Chair of the APA Task Force on DSM-5 is interviewed and discusses some of the features of the upcoming diagnostic manual.
2. DSM-5 Development Homepage (Website)
Description: The online presence of the DSM-5 Task Force, this site includes links to proposed revisions to the DSM, explanations of the research conducted to compile the DSM-5, and brief biographies of the members of the task force.
3. DSM-5 in Distress (Website)
Description: Links to numerous articles detailing the creation process of DSM-5 are provided. Many articles discuss current controversies surrounding the DSM-5.
4. We’re All Mad Here
Description: Allen Frances offers an op-ed in the NY Post on DSM-5.
5. Why Is Psychiatry’s New Manual So Much Like the Old One?
Description: A short piece on why the DSM changes “relatively little” between versions, at least seemingly so to the lay public.
6. Should Severe Premenstrual Symptoms Be A Mental Disorder?
Description: A NPR-piece profiling women with PMDD, now diagnosable since DSM-5.
7. Children Labeled “Bipolar” May Get a New Diagnosis
Description: Now historical piece on disruptive mood dysregulation disorder.