Video and Multimedia
Click on the following links. Please note these will open in a new window.
1. Behavior Therapy (YouTube Video) I used the American English spelling
Description: A counselor and patient/actor depict a behaviorally based therapy session. The behavioral techniques or interventions used throughout the video clip are labeled as they occur during the session.
2. Basic Token Economy (YouTube Video)
Description: Virginia Commonwealth University’s Autism Center for Excellence shares the basics of a token economy with examples.
3. Behavior Analysis (APA Division 29) (Website)
Description: The APA’s Division 29 covers all topics related to behavior analysis. Coverage includes recent news articles, publications, and events related to behavior analysis.
4. Behavioral Therapy More Effective Than Drugs in the Treatment of Dementia Patients
Description: Behavioral therapy to help caregivers with the dangerous and alarming behaviors of people with dementia are shown to be more effective than the use of antipsychotic medications.
5. Albert Ellis Works With Gloria
Description: Albert Ellis demonstrating rational emotive behavior therapy with client Gloria in the 1960s.
6. Example of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA)
Description: An ABA-therapist works with a child diagnosed with an autism spectrum disorder.
7. Therapeutic Lifestyle Change as a Treatment for Depression
Description: Dr. Steven Ilardi discusses therapeutic lifestyle change--behavior change--as a prevention of and treatment for depression.