Video and Multimedia
Click on the following links. Please note these will open in a new window.
1. Play Therapy in Action (YouTube Video)
Description: This video introduces the core skills of a play therapist using real therapists and child actors.
2. American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (Website)
Description: The American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry offers up-to-date news and research in the fields of child and adolescent psychiatry.
3. Society of Clinical Child and Adolescent Psychology (APA Division 53) (Website)
Description: The APA’s Division 53 covers topics related to child and adolescent psychology. Coverage includes recent news articles, publications, and events related to child and adolescent psychology.
4. Training Video on Forensic Assessment with Children
Description: Dr. Thomas Lyon offers important steps for conducting interviews with children, especially forensic interviews.
5. California Moves to Stop Misuses of Psychiatric Medications in Foster Care
Description: Research indicates that children in foster care receives more psychiatric medication, including antipsychotic medication, than children in the general population. California’s legislature is enacting legislation to change this.
6. Nadine Burke Harris: How Childhood Trauma Affects Health Across a Lifetime
Description: Nadine Burke Harris discusses the physiological change caused by childhood trauma, and how it can last a lifetime.
7. The Medicated Child
Description: A Frontline on the risks and benefits of psychotropic medication use in children and adolescents.
8. Teaching Parenting Skills at Doctor Visits Helps Children’s Behavior
Description: An NPR article on the effects of parent training on children’s behavior.
9. A Sherriff and a Doctor Team Up to Map Childhood Trauma
Description: Mapping childhood trauma and mortality and morbidity.