After reading Chapter 7, you should be able to:
- Summarize the key components of the IDEA definition of learning disabilities.
- Discuss the three phases of the development of the field of learning disabilities.
- Identify possible causes of learning disabilities.
- List representative learning and social/emotional characteristics of individuals with learning disabilities.
- Explain the concept of response to intervention.
- Describe the following instructional approaches: cognitive training, direct instruction, and learning strategies.
- Summarize educational services for persons with learning disabilities across the life span.