After reading Chapter 3, you should be able to:
- Explain how cultural and linguistic diversity is affecting U.S. classrooms.
- Define culture, multiculturalism, multicultural education, and bilingual education.
- Identify six instructional options for teaching students who are bilingual.
- Summarize the issues associated with the disproportionate representation of culturally and linguistically diverse learners in special education.
- Describe the challenges confronting educators when assessing students from culturally and linguistically diverse groups.