After reading Chapter 2, you should be able to:
- Identify the court cases that led to the enactment of Public Law 94–142.
- Summarize the key components of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) from 1975 to 2004.
- Explain the legislative intent of Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Compare inter- and intraindividual differences.
- Describe the difference between norm- and criterion-referenced assessments.
- Identify the steps in the referral process for the delivery of special education services.
- List the key components of an individualized education program (IEP) and an individualized family service plan (IFSP).
- Define mainstreaming, least restrictive environment, regular education initiative, and full inclusion.