After reading Chapter 14, you should be able to:
- List the disabilities associated with physical impairments.
- Identify disabilities associated with other health impairments.
- Define deaf-blindness.
- Summarize society’s reaction to and treatment of persons with physical or health impairments.
- List examples of common causes of physical disabilities and health impairments.
- Identify representative conditions associated with orthopedic impairments, multiple disabilities, traumatic brain injury, other health impairments, and deaf-blindness.
- Describe the impact of a physical or health impairment on school performance.
- Explain the procedures that teachers and other professionals use to meet the educational needs of pupils with physical/health disabilities and deafblindness.
- Summarize educational services for individuals with physical or health impairments across the life span.
- Describe how technology benefits individuals with a physical or health disability.