After reading Chapter 13, you should be able to:
- Define legally blind, functionally blind, deaf-blind, and low vision.
- Explain the vision process and associated vision disorders.
- List the most common visual impairments affecting school-age children.
- Summarize the historical evolution of educational services for children and youth with visual impairments.
- Discuss observable characteristics of vision difficulties.
- Describe how visual acuity is assessed.
- Define literacy medium and learning medium.
- Summarize educational services for persons with visual impairments across the life span.
- Explain how technology benefits individuals with visual impairments.