After reading Chapter 11, you should be able to:
- Define speech, language, and communication.
- Identify the five components of language.
- List three different types of speech impairments and five forms of language disorders.
- Define central auditory processing disorder.
- Identify functional and organic causes of speech and language impairments.
- Explain the differences between receptive and expressive language impairments.
- Describe procedures used for assessing speech and language impairments.
- Explain the function of augmentative and alternative communication devices.