After reading Chapter 15, you should be able to:
- Describe various interpretations of giftedness.
- Explain the techniques typically used to assess an individual’s gifts and talents.
- Discuss the history of educational services for students with gifts and talents.
- List the characteristics of persons who are gifted and talented according to the five dimensions of giftedness.
- Summarize the various instructional strategies used by educators to teach pupils who are gifted and talented.
- Identify the service delivery options available to students with gifts and talents.
- Describe educational opportunities for young children and adolescents who are gifted and talented.
- Define twice-exceptional students.
- Describe the implications of the Excellence Gap for education in your community and state.
- Discuss the challenges confronting girls who are gifted and talented as well as individuals with gifts and talents from culturally diverse backgrounds.