This chapter will help you:
- Identify major ethics issues in human communication research.
- Explain some of the classic ethical positions that inform communication research.
- Describe some of the major contemporary codes of ethics.
- Discuss the concepts of peer review and of institutional review boards.
- Describe how the level of involvement with research participants can shape a researcher’s relationship with them.
- Identify some of the ethical issues unique to researching human communication on the Internet.