This chapter will help you:
- List the advantages and disadvantages of qualitative research methods.
- Compare and contrast qualitative methods with quantitative methods.
- Explain, with examples, how to conduct the major methods of qualitative research.
- Compare and contrast online qualitative methods with traditional qualitative methods.
- Explain, with examples, the basics of coding qualitative data.
- Identify and discuss potential ethical issues related to interviews, focus groups, ethnography, and unobtrusive measures.