This chapter will help you:
- Identify the advantages and disadvantages of experiments as research methods.
- Describe the basic experimental design.
- Explain the concept of control in experimental design.
- Discuss the concept of random assignment in experimental design and why it is important.
- Explain the concept of factorial design in experiments.
- Compare and contrast between-subjects and within-subjects experimental design.
- Explain the concept of validity in experimental design and identify the threats to validity.
- Explain the advantages and disadvantages of online experiments.