After reading this chapter, you should be able to:
- Explain the roles and responsibilities of prosecutors and defense attorneys.
- Summarize the similarities and differences in the responsibilities of federal and state-level prosecutors.
- Identify the types of cases handled by the attorney general in the U.S. Department of Justice.
- Describe the roles of the prosecuting and defense attorneys.
- Summarize the ethical issues and concerns related to prosecution.
- Identify the procedures undertaken before tiral.