After reading this chapter, you should be able to:
- Summarize the purpose and goals of community corrections.
- Defend the different types of corrections in the community.
- Critique the benefits of corrections in the community over incarceration for offenders, family members of the offenders, victims, and the overall community.
- Evaluate the rights of victims regarding offenders serving corrections in the community.
- Assess the role of a probation officer.
- Critically examine net widening and understand detrimental issues associated with it.