After reading this chapter, you should be able to:
- Summarize terrorism, human and sex trafficking, and hate crimes and explain how these crimes differ from other types of violence.
- Assess the differences in hate crimes and other types of crimes and why this difference is important.
- Evaluate police impersonation and how it undermines the work of legitimate law enforcement officers.
- Differentiate transnational crime from other types of crime.
- Consider the relationship between forensic science and the criminal justice system.
- Criticize the influence of the CSI effect and tech effect and how they influence policy and the public's perception about crime, victims, offenders, and members of the criminal justice system.