After reading this chapter, you should be able to:
- Identify and define the naturalistic research design.
- Distinguish between natural and contrived research settings.
- Identify and describe how researchers make unobtrusive observations.
- Describe how researchers operationalize observation periods in a naturalistic or contrived setting.
- Describe how researchers quantify and manage observation periods in a naturalistic or contrived setting.
- Identify and describe three existing data research designs: archival research, content analysis, and meta-analysis.