After reading this chapter, you should be able to:
- Identify three methods of communication among scientists.
- Describe three elements of communication.
- Apply APA writing style and language guidelines for writing a manuscript.
- Distinguish between the 11 types of qualitative data analysis.
- Apply APA guidelines for writing and organizing a literature review article.
- Delineate how results are reported for a qualitative versus a quantitative research design.
- State APA guidelines for identifying the authorship of published scientific work.
- Identify guidelines for effectively presenting a poster.
- Identify guidelines for effectively giving a professional talk.